We were asked to restore and re-glaze the cast iron casement windows. They came to us in a very poor state with sections missing that needed to be reproduced and many of the glazing bars broken. We dismantled the frames before they were repaired, grit blasted and powder coated.
Booker’s Tower is a four-storey octagonal tower built in the 19th century, in the Gothic style. It is in Guildford, Surrey, and can be found along Beech Lane, behind the Mount Cemetery (resting place of Lewis Carroll).
Built on high ground to the west of Guildford town centre, Booker’s Tower was used by a Victorian scientist, John Rand Capron, in experiments involving lightning. It was commissioned by the then mayor of Guildford, Charles Booker, in memory of his sons who had died, and was completed in 1839. After its completion it was used to commemorate Queen Victoria’s marriage to Albert, in 1840.